|Internet Diet Resources and Information Exchange|
The Pasta-Chocolate Diet
The Pasta-Chocolate Diet basically focuses on
- Pastas (spaghetti, rigatoni, elbow noodles, shells, linguini, fettuccine)
- Pasta sauces (low-fat, low sodium, non-meat... but could contain occasional skinless white meat pieces)
- Salads w/low-cal, fat-free dressings. (No croutons)
- Fresh fruit
- Popcorn (air-popped, no butter or salt). Alternate toppings include non-fat butter substitutes, vegetable seasonings, garlic powder, soy sauce, vinegar, cayenne, or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Chocolate (1 ounce)
- Water (2 quarts per day)
On the Pasta-Chocolate Diet you are encouraged to swap items for meals as needed and snack between meals. Having options for meals allows one to adjust the diet according to whim or desire, i.e., one morning you can start your day with fresh fruit, then next day, fruit salad, the next, shredded wheat.
An excellent point of the diet is that total abstinence could be counter-productive. That is why the diet includes snacking and satisfaction of your craving for chocolate, although you are limited to a 1 ounce serving of chocolate. An ounce of chocolate is equivalent to 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 2/3 Hershey bar, or one square of semi-sweet baking chocolate.
It is assumed that one could substitute the 1 ounce chocolate portion of this diet for any 1 ounce, non-diet food item that you crave.
A typical daily schedule would be represented as follows.
- fresh fruit
- fruit salad
- shredded wheat with non-fat milk and strawberries
- pasta salad*
* = w/low-cal dressings
- vegetable sticks
- fruit smoothie
- fettuccini w/garlic tomato sauce
- whole wheat pasta primavera
- steamed vegetables
- up to 1 oz. chocolate
- carbonated water
- mineral water
The following items are to be avoided while on the Pasta-Chocolate Diet:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Sugars (artificial sweeteners are okay)
- Oily fruits (avocados, olives, coconuts)
- High sugar/cal fruits (raisins, figs, dates)
- Fried foods
- Dairy products
- Red meats
- Nuts and seeds
- Unauthorized snacks (chips, junk food, candies, cakes, pies, etc.)
- Carbonated soft drinks
- Fruit Smoothie:
- Blend 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen peaches (or other fruit of choice) with 1 cup non-fat skim milk.
Click here for a FREE DIET CDTry The Chocolate Weight Loss Diet
Try the Don't Diet Or Exercise System
Take the FREE 12 WEEK CHOCOLATE WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE and lose those extra pounds while Eating Chocolate Every Day!
Get these FREE eBooks You Can Eat Chocolate And Lose Weight and/or 6 Secrets Of Successful Weight Loss .
Check out our Best Selling Diet and Weight Loss Books. Questions? Try the iDiet4U.com Discussion Board
David M. Masters
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
idiet4u.comô All rights