- 178 calories
- 10 total fat (6 g sat)
- 38 mg cholesterol
- 7 g carbohydrate
- 14 g protein
- 0 g fiber
- 155 mg sodium
- Serves 1
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package sugar substitute
Mix together in a dessert bowl. Serve chilled.
- 77 calories
- 3 total fat (2 g sat)
- 10 mg cholesterol
- 3 g carbohydrate
- 9 g protein
- 2 g fiber
- 160 mg sodium
- Serves 6
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)
Line a baking tray with 12 foil baking cups, spray with cooking spray. Fry the spinach until well cooked, or for 21/2 minutes on high, and drain it.
Mix the spinach, peppers, onions, egg substitute, and cheese in a bowl. Split between the 12 baking cups. Bake for 20 minutes at 350蚌 , check if the cups are cooked by inserting a knife in the center, if it comes out clean, they should be cooked.
Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used.
- 170 calories
- 13 g total fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 15 g carbohydrate
- 5 g protein
- 5 g fiber
- 585 mg sodium
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 red onion
- 1 med summer squash
- 1 med zucchini
- 1 med yellow bell pepper
- 1 med red bell pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 450蚌.
Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces, chop the onion into smaller pieces. Place the asparagus, onion, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, in a large roasting tin, and toss with the salt, pepper and olive oil.
Spread evenly in the roasting tin.
Roast for approximatley 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender. Makes 4 servings.
- Black Beans, cannellini, or other appropriate- 1 15 oz can
- 2 Tbl Olive oil
- Garlic powder, Salt, Fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat olive oil to high temperature in skillet / frying pan. Add drained, rinsed beans, add Garlic powder to taste.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
A handy substitute for mashed potatoes, which are of course not great for the low carb diets. Steam some cauliflower, once cooked, mash it with a little liquid butter substitute, “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” has been suggested as a good option. Salt and pepper to taste.